Concerts at London, 18th & 19th September 2010

  

The KHCOSA (Regd) had arranged my shows in the UK .. and what a weekend this has been. I felt music in every cell of my body...my creativity was fueled by the enthusiastic audience and my very capable band members. Our ensemble comprised of Jyotsna Srikanth on the violin, Isaac Clement on the keys, Suresh on the Tabla and Drums, Pirashana on the Mridangam, and Sentan on the morsing. We had the Ghatam and Thavil sounds coming in as well.. We had great fun on stage and the audience just lapped it up.

I presented classical pieces, semi-classical songs interspersed with my own scores of jathis and swaras, elements of fusion music, and well-loved cine songs as medleys. All this left the audience wanting more... 
I am going around London today, and my brief stay here has been in a country-side home, and in the yard there are bushes carved out like the three bears of Goldilocks. There is plenty of greenery, narrow roads, wooded forests, and clearing suitable for short treks and the like. I am missing my husband Karthik, my friend, and guide, who loves to walk around in the country side and we both like going on long treks.

bye for now...

Video Clips:


   

Audio Excerpts (MP3):

Kantamam - Raga Sindhubhairavi

Sindhubhairavi in Film Music - A Medley

Darbari Kaanada in Film Music - A Medley

Tribute to Swarnalata, followed by Raga Mohanam in Classical & Film Music - A Medley


Comments

  1. nice blog charulatha.
    hadn't seen it b4
    cheers !

    -srividya ramanath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful and looks everyone enjoyed very well. Did I miss some music lessons too - oh dear God!. I travelled long distance to attend your previous concerts. This one was, bit nearer yet I had to drive up north with Sonny boy - as it is "Uni" time here.
    Glad you enjoyed the country side and the long walks (Which area?). Smell of ploughed lands contrasting the green pastures, waking up to the sound of birds and the bees, I love it here. Fresh air and thought provoking ....you must bring dearest KB next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, respectfully Sarulatha.my name is Shan I have seen you on Lewisham Murugan Temple Your program was really great I loved it and specially your style as well, I think you propably remember me because during the break time when you had tea time I came to you and said "you are wonderful" do you remember me? please don't say no! but anyway I am waiting for your respond,
    With kind regards from Shan Chandrahasan London

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Heard that all uk residents enjoyed your wonderful performance . Few weeks ago. Are you still in uk/ Europe. One of my friends daughter is doing a bocsl arangetram on the 9th of October. Would like to have you as the chief guest if you are still in uk I enjoy your isaipayanam in you tube
    regards
    Vathana, UK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kannukkul Pothivaippen - Thirumanam Enum Nikkah

A Raga's Journey — Heart-rending Hamsanandi

I have to identify it!!!!