About Me

My photo
Hi everyone!! This is Charulatha Mani. I have taken up blogging to interact with my rasikas worldwide. I would like to thank all of you for your support and appreciation for my Isai Payanam show on Jaya TV, "Isai Cafe" on Raj TV and live concerts. I am here to blog on my concerts, latest film songs, and updates on Isai Payanam and Sahitya Payanam. Happy reading :-)

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Power of Three - Ragas Madhyamavati, Brindavanasaranga, Brindavani



Raga Brindavanasaranga - Chennaiyil Thruvaiyaru 2013:


Isai Payanam Concert DVD#8 - Ragas Madhyamavati, Brindavanasaranga, Brindavani:

Kamalaptakula - Thyagaraja's kriti in Raga Brindavanasaranga:

MP3 Clips:

Film Songs:



1 comment:

  1. Hello Ms. Charulatha Mani,

    Although I am not trained in Carnatic music, I have been reading your column in The Hindu 'A Raga's Journey'. I like the level of information you provide and make it more relevant to more lay-folk like me (who do not have as much Carnatic music knowledge) by mentioning some of the more popular film music created with each Raga. I have always been searching the internet for your articles on www.thehindu.com and have somehow failed to notice them till date. I have preferred reading them over the website since I do not always read up a newspaper, even if we subscribe to The Hindu at home. So, when I found your articles on The Hindu website (and now your blog), I know I can now follow them much easier than before.

    To be honest, I have never heard you sing nor have I watched any of your TV shows. But if your singing is as good as your articles are, then I am sure you are very talented indeed.

    Thanks for your contribution till now and looking forward to more (thankfully there are so many Ragas to write about!).

    - Ramkumar

    ReplyDelete