Power of Three - Ragas Madhyamavati, Brindavanasaranga, Brindavani



Isai Payanam with Charulatha Mani - Ragas Madhyamavati, Brindavanasaranga, Brindavani:



Film Songs in Ragas Madhyamavati, Brindavanasaranga, Brindavani:


Also, in "A Raga's Journey":
Full of surprises - Ragas Vasantabhairavi and Begada
Soothing the Senses - Raga Nilambari
A Rare Treat - Raga Saramati
Morning Ragas - Ramapriya and Rishabhapriya
Pious Notes - Ragas Nasikabhushani and Vagadeeshwari
Priya Principle - Ragas Rasikapriya and Ratipatipriya
Versatile Nattai
Positively Tranquil - Raga Harikambhoji
Catchy and Classical - Raga Sankarabharanam
Of Love and Longing - Chandrakauns and Surya
Godly Gowrimanohari
Kedaragowla’s Many Moods
The Royal Durbar
Joy of Hamirkalyani
Power of Three - Ragas Madhyamavati, Brindavanasaranga, Brindavani
Wake up to Valaji
Distinctly Classical - Ragas Gowla and Lalitha
Auspicious Sri
A Complex Beauty - Raga Dwijavanti
Tale of Two Varalis - Ragas Punnagavarali and Kuntalavarali
Morning ragas - Bilahari and Malayamarutham
Endearing Khamas
Light and Melodious - Raga Sindhubhairavi
Harmonious Symmetry - Raga Kiravani


Comments

  1. Hello Ms. Charulatha Mani,

    Although I am not trained in Carnatic music, I have been reading your column in The Hindu 'A Raga's Journey'. I like the level of information you provide and make it more relevant to more lay-folk like me (who do not have as much Carnatic music knowledge) by mentioning some of the more popular film music created with each Raga. I have always been searching the internet for your articles on www.thehindu.com and have somehow failed to notice them till date. I have preferred reading them over the website since I do not always read up a newspaper, even if we subscribe to The Hindu at home. So, when I found your articles on The Hindu website (and now your blog), I know I can now follow them much easier than before.

    To be honest, I have never heard you sing nor have I watched any of your TV shows. But if your singing is as good as your articles are, then I am sure you are very talented indeed.

    Thanks for your contribution till now and looking forward to more (thankfully there are so many Ragas to write about!).

    - Ramkumar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a voice you have!!! The Adele of India or rather Adele is the Charulatha of Western music? Why didn't I hear your singing than now? Please continue your effort to educate the new generation about the depth as well ass the nuances of Carnatic music.

    Now, when I am trying to come back to normal after hearing about the huge loss of Balamuralikrishna, a little bit consoled to hear your music.

    I have added to my routine to listen to you everyday at least for an hour, of all your singing available.

    Please inform me if you are coming to Melbourne in the future.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish to know Ragam Florine song BRINDHAVANAMUM NANDHAKUMARANUM YAVARUKKUM PODHU SELVAMANRO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kannukkul Pothivaippen - Thirumanam Enum Nikkah

A Raga's Journey — Heart-rending Hamsanandi

I have to identify it!!!!