About Me

My photo
Hi everyone!! This is Charulatha Mani. I have taken up blogging to interact with my rasikas worldwide. I would like to thank all of you for your support and appreciation for my Isai Payanam show on Jaya TV, "Isai Cafe" on Raj TV and live concerts. I am here to blog on my concerts, latest film songs, and updates on Isai Payanam and Sahitya Payanam. Happy reading :-)

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Raga's Journey - Heart-warming Tillang



Isai Payanam on Jaya TV - Tilang episode:


Isai Payanam Concert - Raga Tilang in Film Music:


Film Songs in Raga Tilang:




6 comments:

  1. Your rendition of raga tilang was really nice.With best Wishes. J.K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charulatha
    We were out of country in Singapore for few months. Saradha and I will definitely make it a point to visit all the concerts to enjoy your performance and same time we would enjoy reading in THE HINDU too. Wish you all the very best Charu. Take good care. I will comeout with some suggestions shortly. (maybe worth it)
    With wishes
    SARADHA BALA and
    BALA

    ReplyDelete
  3. respected madam,
    very very melodious rendering of "raga tilang"
    congratulations once again.
    wish u n ur family a happy dasera festival
    with regrds
    yours sincerely,
    anil kumar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Madam,

    I read with interest your fortnightly column in 'The Hindu' on classical ragas and raga based film songs. I have also heard you in some of your film song appreciation programmes.

    Shall be thankful if you can clarify whether the song "Azhage Azhage Devathai" in the film Rajaparvai sung by K.J. Yesudas is based on the raga Nashikabhoosani.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Your sincerely,

    C.V.Raghavan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Respected Madam


    Happy Sharada Navarathri.

    May your skills in the field of Music may take you to the Dizzy Heights.

    Please help Gosalas.

    Regards
    N Sankar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Charulatha ji,
    I so love your renditions. Pl give your insights on raagam Malayamarutham. I could not find this raagam in your isai payanam series.
    Best wishes,
    Indrani Gorti from Montreal, Canada

    ReplyDelete