About Me

My photo
Hi everyone!! This is Charulatha Mani. I have taken up blogging to interact with my rasikas worldwide. I would like to thank all of you for your support and appreciation for my Isai Payanam show on Jaya TV, "Isai Cafe" on Raj TV and live concerts. I am here to blog on my concerts, latest film songs, and updates on Isai Payanam and Sahitya Payanam. Happy reading :-)

Monday, March 4, 2013

A Bright Start - Raga Hamsadhwani



Isai Payanam on Jaya TV - Raga Hamsadhwani:

Varapi Ganapatim - Muthuswami Dikshitar kriti with Lyrics and Meaning:

Isai Payanam Concert - Raga Hamsadhwani Explanation:


Film Songs in Raga Hamsadhwani:

Previously covered Ragas:

2 comments:

  1. A few more songs in Hamsadhwani:

    Thee Kuruvi from Kangalal Kaidhu Sei by ARR
    Suppose Unnai from Sukran by Vijay Antony
    Unnai Enakku from Azhagar Malai by Ilaiyaraaja
    Enna paatu from Oru Naal Oru Kanavu by Ilaiyaraaja
    Iru Vizhiyin Vazhiye from Siva by Ilaiyaraaja

    Follow @filmi_ragas on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article in the Hindu on Hamsadhwani is interesting.
    There is a minor error.

    The popular kriti- "Vinayaka Ninnuvina" is not
    by Veena Kuppaiyer as commonly believed.
    The composition is from Shenkottah E.V.Ramakrishna Bhagavatar
    who assumed the mudra as 'Gopala dasa' as his teacher's
    name was Gopalakrishna Iyer or Gopal Iyer.

    I am not sure of teacher's name correctly. E.V.Ramakrishna
    Bhagavatar did compose a few kritis containing 'Gopaladasa'
    mudra.

    Regards
    Ashok Madhav

    ReplyDelete