Light and Melodious - Raga Sindhubhairavi



Isai Payanam with Charulatha Mani - Raga Sindhubhairavi:



Film Songs in Raga Sindhubhairavi:

 


Also, in "A Raga's Journey":
Full of surprises - Ragas Vasantabhairavi and Begada
Soothing the Senses - Raga Nilambari
A Rare Treat - Raga Saramati
Morning Ragas - Ramapriya and Rishabhapriya
Pious Notes - Ragas Nasikabhushani and Vagadeeshwari
Priya Principle - Ragas Rasikapriya and Ratipatipriya
Versatile Nattai
Positively Tranquil - Raga Harikambhoji
Catchy and Classical - Raga Sankarabharanam
Of Love and Longing - Chandrakauns and Surya
Godly Gowrimanohari
Kedaragowla’s Many Moods
The Royal Durbar
Joy of Hamirkalyani
Power of Three - Ragas Madhyamavati, Brindavanasaranga, Brindavani
Wake up to Valaji
Distinctly Classical - Ragas Gowla and Lalitha
Auspicious Sri
A Complex Beauty - Raga Dwijavanti
Tale of Two Varalis - Ragas Punnagavarali and Kuntalavarali
Morning ragas - Bilahari and Malayamarutham
Endearing Khamas
Light and Melodious - Raga Sindhubhairavi
Harmonious Symmetry - Raga Kiravani


Comments

  1. அமரர் ...தேவகான ஏழிசைவேந்தர் ..தியாகராஜ பாகவதரின் பாடலை கேட்டதும் மனதில் தோன்றியதை உடனே பதிவு செய்த.. சங்கீதத்தை சுவாசித்து..சங்கீதத்தில் கலந்திருக்கும் தங்களுக்கு.. நன்றி.. சாருலதா மணி மேடம்..மிக்க நன்றி...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Charulatha,

    I am an ardent rasika of yours. Although I had learnt Carnatic music in childhood, I was not really aware of the nuances, raga characteristics et al. Your articles are an inspiration to music lovers. I enjoy listening to your isai payanam concerts on youtube.

    Being far away from India, (I live in Abu Dhabi), I love all the content (audio, text) that you post online.

    I have a request. The raga, kathanakuthookalam, is one of my favorites especially after listening to the great vid wan balamuralikrishna sir's Varnam : could you please present this raga in ' a raga's journey' and as a part of ' isai payanam'.

    Thank you

    Best regards
    Vishalini sankaran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Charulatha,

    I am a Hindi poet. Incidentally I came across an episode of your programme Isai Payanam and although I do not understand Tamil and am not well versed in shastreeya music either, I was fascinated by your presentation.

    I have been listening to North Indian classical music for a long time now and I did a long programme on Jazz when I was in the BBC in London.

    I would like to have all the DVDs of Isai Payanam. Could you let me know the best way to get them. I am not very comfortable with the system given in your homepage. I do not mind sending the full amount in advance along with packing and posting charges.

    Also I would like you to suggest some other representative work of yours. I have specially liked, Abheri, Hindolam, Sindhu Bhairavi, Ritigaula.

    Sincerely yours

    Neelabh
    GHAZIABAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neelabh,

    Thanks for your interest in Isai Payanam!
    The DVDs are available from all Giri Trading outlets. The nearest one to you is:

    Shop No.6, 92 G/3, Baba Gangnath Market Opposite Community Centre, Munirka Village, New Delhi - 110 067
    Tel: 011 26165077 / 78

    To order online:
    http://giri.in/Item.asp?Item=DVD&tablename=gitaa_cds&catname=GITAA+Cds+&dept=2&CurrentPage=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mam i am learning veena now, your tutorials are useful for identifying ragas.. thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kannukkul Pothivaippen - Thirumanam Enum Nikkah

A Raga's Journey — Heart-rending Hamsanandi

I have to identify it!!!!